To market a book today an author needs to incorporate social media and the various platforms in their strategy. While there are many available forms out there, we will cover Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google. These suggestions should start you on your way to a successful book marketing campaign. Hopefully, you’ll have some fun along the way.
For All Social Media Platforms
- Never spam with sales pitches; let them get to know you first and the rest will come
- Update your status regularly
- If you want a positive social rep, the always try to be positive in your updates
- Always try to give something of value to your audience
- Respond to comments daily
LinkedIn Profile/Google+ Page
- Use photos to provide facts about you as a writer, i.e. 5 facts you didn’t know about…
- Share information and ask questions
- Use Google Hangouts to connect with fans
- Join other hangouts of interest to you, especially where you can share your knowledge.
- Share special tidbits with those in your Google circles
- On LinkedIn you can generate interest and exposure to your profile & book by installing the Reading List by Amazon application
- Check out LinkedIn Answers for topics related to your book. Showcase your expertise by providing helpful information
- Join groups (not related to your book) that interest you and become an active participant. As group members get to know you, interest in who you are and what you do will grow. I.E. Gardening