Novice and experienced authors share the common goals of creating as much exposure as possible for their book and business, hoping to increase traffic, subscribers and opt-ins, generate qualified leads, maximize sales and be identified as an expert in their field.
Each of these goals can be achieved through the use of popular social marketing and digital publishing platforms. The key is choosing the correct, most popular platforms that generate the desired return.
- Social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Media and Content Sharing Sites such as Flickr, Slideshare, Pinterest, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- Reader Communities such as Author Central, GoodReads, Shelfari, Author's Den, etc.
- Expert sites such as EHow, Hubpages, Squiddo, etc.
- Digital Magazines such as Issuu, Paperli, and Scoopit, etc.
- Social Monitoring Tools such as Buffer, Klout, and SocialMention, etc.
An author’s success can be measured by implementing the correct strategies and possessing a clear understanding of the desired end results. By knowing the preferred final outcomes, authors can effectively and efficiently develop a successful social media and digital marketing campaign.
To read the entire social marketing platform article, subscribe to BMM today.