- Develop many possible ways in which you could sell your content to your target readers and buyers.
- Write a sentence describing what you will sell, where, to whom and at what price.
- Think of what you can do under the current foreseeable circumstances.
- Evaluate your results and then take any necessary corrective actions
- When designing strategy to increase profitability, do not focus on reducing costs (which they control), but on increasing revenue (which is controlled by your buyers.
Give your strategies sufficient time to prove (or disprove) their validity.
Once your strategy is defined, write your checklist of all the actions you will take, when you will take them, the cost for each and your return on that investment. That is your marketing plan.
Subscribe to Book Marketing Mag for more of Brian’s insights regarding Marketing Strategy Rules and other tips and secrets to develop, distribute and market your book.
Don’t forget to join our ezine elist and receive updates and special notices and information about the book marketing industry.